Firefighters are urging people to be careful in the kitchen this Thanksgiving.
The Firemen’s Association of the State of New York has issued a holiday reminder that cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires.
With Thanksgiving on Thursday, the group reminds New Yorkers to stay in the kitchen while cooking for extra safety. The group also suggests wearing short, close-fitting, or tightly rolled sleeves since loose clothing can dangle into open flames.
And do not use water to try to put out a grease fire. Use an appropriate fire extinguisher and keep a lid nearby to smother small grease fires.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.