The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation’s (IICF) Northeast Division today announced it has awarded ten local community grants – in the amount of $2,500 each – to nonprofit organizations working outside the Metropolitan areas in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
The local grants program was championed by IICF board members from the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of New York, the New York Insurance Association, and the Professional Insurance Agents of NY, CT, NH and NJ.
Since 2007, the Northeast Division of IICF has granted more than $6.5 million to community nonprofits working in the areas of education, children at risk, the environment and disaster preparedness throughout the Northeastern United States.
“Through the IICF local grants program, the insurance industry is able to reach beyond the larger cities to provide support to community nonprofits where a grant of this size can make a big difference in the lives of many,” said Kelly Norris, local grant committee chair and executive director PIANY, PIACT, PIANH, PIANJ, in a press release.
More than 60 charities applied for the local grants, and each were required to have a sponsor from the insurance industry.
Recipients of the 2016 Northeast grants include the following community nonprofits:
- ACHIEVE – Binghamton, NY
- Arc of the Farmington Valley, Inc. – Canton, CT
- Association for Vision Rehabilitation and Employment – Binghamton, NY
- Institutes of Applied Human Dynamics, Tarrytown, NY
- Interfaith Nutritional Network – Hempstead, NY
- Mercy House of the Southern Tier – Endicott, NY
- Samaritan Inn – Newton, NJ
- Schoharie Area Long Term, Inc. – Schoharie, NY
- Table to Table – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Trevor Loughlin Foundation – Rock Hill, NY
Source: Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.