A Connecticut man who claims to have tipped off the FBI about extortion from a zoning official has now filed a federal lawsuit against the town where he says it took place.
WTNH-TV recently acquired a copy of the lawsuit filed by Sajjad Chaudhary against East Haven, Conn., Aug. 23. In the lawsuit, Chaudhary alleges theft, negligence, negligent supervision and emotional distress caused by former zoning administrator Frank Biancur Jr.
Biancur was convicted in 2015 after he pleaded guilty to one count of theft of honest services mail fraud.
Prosecutors say an investigation into Biancur began in 2015 when a resident told authorities they had been extorted by the man since 2012. Now, Chaudhary’s attorney says there needs to be accountability.
The town’s attorney says he will fight the lawsuit.
Information from: WTNH-TV
Topics Lawsuits Connecticut
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Insurance Broker Stocks Sink as AI App Sparks Disruption Fears
Portugal Deadly Floods Force Evacuations, Collapse Main Highway
Insurance Issue Leaves Some Players Off World Baseball Classic Rosters
‘Structural Shift’ Occurring in California Surplus Lines 

