Financial Services Superintendent Maria T. Vullo has announced the 10 appointees who will serve on the newly formed Department of Financial Services (DFS) State Insurance Advisory Board.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo signed legislation to create the board earlier this year. The board, which is charged with working with the Superintendent to further DFS’s goals as they relate to the insurance industry, must consist of seven representatives of domestic insurance companies, one insurance producer and two consumer representatives.
The board’s members, each appointed by the Superintendent to a three-year term, serve without compensation.
“DFS is committed to ensuring that New York State’s property, life and health insurers meet the needs of consumers informed by dialogue and feedback,” said Superintendent Vullo in a press release issued by DFS. “The broad membership and diverse makeup of the advisory board represent important parts of listening to all constituents as DFS accomplishes our mission and goals.”
The following individuals will serve on the State Insurance Advisory Board for three-year terms, beginning in 2018:
- David W. Anderson, president and CEO at Health Now
- Chuck Bell, programs director at Consumers Union
- Lucy Fato, executive vice president and general counsel at AIG
- Roger W. Ferguson Jr., president and CEO at TIAA
- Karen Ignagni, president and CEO at Emblem Health
- Deanna Mulligan, president and CEO at Guardian Life Insurance Company
- Jacqueline Quintal, managing director and financial institutions practice leader at Aon Risk Solutions
- Diane K. Spicer, supervising attorney at Community Health Advocates, Healthcare for All New York Campaign, Community Service Society
- Bernie Turi, senior vice president and general counsel at Utica National Insurance Group
- Michael Zarcone, executive vice president and head of corporate affairs at MetLife
The 10-member board is required to meet once annually.
Source: New York State Department of Financial Services
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.