The city of Hoboken, New Jersey has reported it was the victim of a ransomware attack last week.
Due to the November 26 cyber attack, City Hall and the municipal court were closed and all online city services were suspended.
By Monday, the city said the majority of services for residents are available online, including purchasing parking permits and other services provided by third-party vendors.
However, residents are encouraged to contact city departments by phone, as some city systems including email and Wi-Fi are still being restored.
On Monday, the city said it was continuing to work with federal law enforcement, the Hoboken Police Department), the city’s IT division, and third-party IT specialists to investigate and restore services following cyber attack.
Topics Cyber
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Fla. Commissioner Offers Major Changes to Citizens’ Commercial Clearinghouse Plan
Jury Finds Johnson & Johnson Liable for Cancer in Latest Talc Trial
Insurify Starts App With ChatGPT to Allow Consumers to Shop for Insurance
How One Fla. Insurance Agent Allegedly Used Another’s License to Swipe Commissions 

