Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company (BHSI) announced it is providing comprehensive insurance and services for the construction industry in Australia and named a team of executives to oversee key areas of its construction business.
BHSI said it is offering construction property, casualty, project professional indemnity, and project cargo insurance for construction classes in Australia and pairing coverage with in-house construction claims and engineering expertise.
“We are pleased to offer the Australian construction industry a multi-line insurance solution, backed by the deep expertise and financial strength of BHSI. Our team is rich in construction insurance experience and ready to provide sound, creative capacity and meaningful risk engineering to this important sector,” said Chris Colahan, president, Australasia Region, BHSI.
BHSI’s newly created construction team in Australia includes:
- Cameron Holmes, who has been appointed construction manager, comes to BHSI with 15 years of construction and engineering experience. He was most recently national underwriting manager, engineering, at IAG in Sydney. Prior to that, he was underwriting manager, engineering, at Munich Re in London. He was engineering and property underwriter at Munich Re in Sydney and, before that, civil engineer & project manager at Sinclair Knight Merz in Sydney. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Sydney, a Graduate Certificate of Insurance from Deakin University, and an MBA and a Graduate Diploma of Financial Management from the University of New England.
- Rob McNab, who has been appointed underwriting manager, Construction, comes to BHSI with over a decade of experience focused on construction and engineering, on both the underwriting and brokerage sides of the business. He was most recently southern region manager, construction & engineering at CGU Insurance. He was also major projects executive, construction & specialty risks, Australasia, at Willis Australasia. He began his career as an engineering underwriter at QBE Insurance Australia Limited in Melbourne. He holds a Diploma of Financial Services from the Australian & New Zealand Institute of Insurance & Finance.
- Mark Thompson, who has been named senior underwriter, Casualty, comes to BHSI with 14 years of insurance industry experience with the last five years focusing on the construction industry. He was most recently senior casualty underwriter at AIG in Sydney. Prior to that he was a senior account executive at Marsh Australia and started his career as a claims adjuster at Aon UK. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Financial Services from Sheffield Hallam University, an Executive Certificate in Insurance from the University of Technology, Sydney, and is a Fellow of the Australian & New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance.
- Patrick Whyte, who has been named risk engineering manager, brings to BHSI 25 years of loss control and risk engineering experience. He was most recently senior risk engineer at Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty in Sydney. Before that, he was principal consultant at the Australian Consulting Network Pty Ltd and managing principal at Marsh (Australia) Pty Ltd. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of New South Wales and a master’s degree in Business Administration from the Australian Graduate School of Management.
- David Cook, who has been named claims manager, comes to BHSI from Suncorp Group, where he has spent the past seven years rising through the ranks to the role of senior claims specialist, handling global, corporate, and major loss claims in Brisbane and more recently in Melbourne. He holds a Diploma in Financial Services from the Australian & New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance.
These new team members build on BHSI’s existing capabilities in project professional liability, led by Matthew Clarke, and Marine Project Cargo, led by Dimitry Zilberud.
All of these newly appointed executives are based in BHSI’s office in Sydney, except for Rob McNab who will be based in BHSI’s Melbourne office.
Source: Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.