Aspen Insurance, the insurance segment of Bermuda-based Aspen Insurance Holdings Ltd., announced the appointment of new global product heads as part of its strategy to leverage its global platform and better align product capabilities and distribution.
These appointments are:
- Oliver Brew has been appointed executive vice president, global head of Cyber Risk & head of International Professional Indemnity. Initially based in the U.S., Brew will relocate to London in mid-2016. With more than 17 years of industry experience, he joins Aspen from Liberty International Underwriters where he was senior vice president, head of Errors & Omissions.
- Bruce Eisler, who joined Aspen in January 2010, has been named global head of Professional Liability. In his new role, Eisler will develop a growth plan across new markets and geographies. He most recently served as executive vice president, head of U.S. Financial & Professional Lines, managing an underwriting team across five offices in the U.S. He will continue to serve in this role through a transition period.
- Don Harrell has been appointed global head of Marine & COO of International Operations. He will initially join Aspen in the U.S. and then relocate to London in 2016. With nearly 25 years of industry experience, Harrell joins Aspen from Liberty International Underwriters, where he most recently served as senior vice president of Marine, managing an underwriting team of more than 50 and holding P&L responsibility for a significant book of business.
- Tim Kania has been appointed global head of Onshore Energy & Construction and will be based in New York. Kania brings nearly 30 years of industry experience to Aspen, most recently serving as senior vice president of Energy & Construction at Liberty International Underwriters, overseeing the growth and profitability of both U.S. and global businesses.
- Peter Slot joined Aspen Insurance in early 2015 and was appointed global head of Accident & Health. Based in London, Slot joined from Beazley, where he was head of Accident and Health (A&H) in the U.S., with responsibility for both insurance and reinsurance. Prior to this, he was the regional underwriting manager, A&H U.K. and Ireland for AIG, and also held previous underwriting roles at Houston Casualty Company (London) and Kiln Syndicate.
Aspen had previously announced the appointments of the following global product heads:
- Dave Adamczyk, global head of Railroad
- Bill McElroy, global head of Environmental.
“Our new global product heads are representative of our effort to appoint the very best underwriting talent to our team and to further develop the outstanding leaders we have within Aspen,” said Mario Vitale, chief executive officer, Aspen Insurance.
“They bring a wealth of experience and expertise in each of their respective areas, which will be a great asset to us as we continue to globalize our product offerings and align our business to benefit our customers and brokers. I look forward to working together with our enhanced and expanded team to continue to build upon Aspen’s platform for growth,” Vitale added.
Source: Aspen Insurance Holdings Ltd.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.