Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Co. (BHSI) announced that it has further expanded its leadership team in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), with the appointment of executives to fill key product line and service posts.
“Building a strong foundation of servicing capabilities and local knowledge and expertise is critical to BHSI’s long term plans in the Middle East,” said Marc Breuil, president, BHSI, Asia Middle East. “Since DIFC BHSI commenced operations in February, we have established a strong and dynamic team to bring DIFC BHSI’s unmatched financial strength and capital to the Middle East.”
The BHSI appointees include:
- Aisling Malone, head of Executive & Professional Lines. Malone was previously head of Professional Liability Cyber MENA and senior underwriter at AIG MEA Ltd. Malone is joined by Joe Saab, senior underwriter.
- Emir Erdur, head of Casualty. He was previously Casualty leader and regional underwriter of Casualty for the MEA region at QBE Insurance (Europe) Ltd. Erdur is joined by Mohammed Hannoun, senior underwriting manager.
- Carlos Beltran, head of Commercial Property. Beltran was previously regional vice president, P&C Underwriting at Chubb Latin America.
- Meenakshi Srinath, head of Marine. Prior to BHSI, Srinath was head of Marine (Gulf and KSA) at AXA Insurance Gulf.
- Kapil Palathinkal is head of Energy and Construction. Palathinkal was most recently the energy & engineered risk manager for the Arabian Hub at AIG. Palathinkal is joined by Anuradha Sekar, senior underwriter.
- Pruthviraj More, senior risk engineer. More joins BHSI from Allianz Global Corporate Specialty where he was a property loss control engineer.
- John Lewis, head of Claims. Lewis was previously head of Claims at Zurich Insurance DIFC Dubai.
Earlier this year BHSI announced the appointment of Alessandro Cerase as senior executive officer (SEO) and Neeraj Yadvendu as deputy SEO and head of Third Party Lines for the Middle East, both based on Dubai. Cerase also leads first party lines for BHSI’s broader Asia Middle East region, which includes BHSI’s other regional hubs of Hong Kong and Singapore as well as BHSI operations in Malaysia and Macau.
Source: Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI)
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.