MS Amlin, the global re/insurer, announced the appointments of four senior leaders within the Specialty business, who will report to Mark Clements and Andrew Wright, co-chief underwriting officers of MS Amlin Underwriting Ltd (MS AUL).
The creation of the Specialty business follows a reorganization of MS Amlin designed to support its ambition to become a world-class insurance group focusing on specialty and reinsurance risks.
The Specialty business will consist of five divisions: Crisis Management, Property, Marine, Natural Resources and Casualty. Four of the announced team leaders are:
- John Roberts-West as head of Property. Roberts-West joined MS Amlin in 2015 and is currently Product Group leader for MS Amlin’s North American and International Property portfolio.
- Laurence Humberstone as head of Marine. Humberstone joined MS Amlin in 2015 and is currently Specie Product Group leader and regional manager for Specie, War, Terrorism, and Hull.
- Jason Herriott as head of Crisis Management. Herriott is currently Product Group leader for War, Terrorism, Political Risks and Allied Perils at MS Amlin.
- Julian Samuel as head of Natural Resources. Samuel will join MS Amlin as head of Natural Resources. With a wealth of experience in the upstream energy market, Samuel joins from Markel International Syndicate 3000 / MIICL, where he was responsible for all aspects of underwriting and strategy for the Natural Resources business unit.
MS Amlin said the appointment process for the head of Casualty role remains ongoing and an announcement will be made in due course.
All five heads will be responsible for the design and implementation of the strategy and underwriting approach within their business divisions from Feb. 1, excluding Samuel who will join MS Amlin towards the end of February.
“The Specialty business will bring together our marine, property and casualty insurance teams to form part of a global specialty franchise across London, the Middle East, the Far East and continental Europe, said Tom Clementi, CEO MS Amlin Underwriting Ltd. “Under the new structure we aim to provide a more holistic view of risk for our clients by bringing all specialty capabilities under one roof. I am pleased to have such a wealth of talent to support the business.”
Source: MS Amlin
- MS Amlin to Exit U.K. P/C Classes as Part of Underwriting Review
- MS Amlin Launches New Operating Model and Senior Leadership Team
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance’s Rating Unchanged with Reorganization: AM Best
- MS Amlin Exits Aviation Insurance Market
- MS Amlin Exits 9 Non-Core Classes of Business, with a New Focus on 3 Core Markets
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.