Sirius International Insurance Group Ltd. announced that it has enhanced its Global Business Technology (GBT) team through the restructuring of its global management structure.
This expansion will enable the firm to advance innovative solutions for its customers, improve operational efficiencies and further reduce costs and redundancies, said Sirius in a statement.
This restructuring is the final phase in Sirius Group’s GBT transformation which began in late 2019 when Beth Boucher, global chief information officer (CIO), was hired to provide strategic IT leadership and direction for Sirius Group and its global business segments with a focus on delivering technology solutions to drive innovation throughout the firm.
“Since Beth joined Sirius Group last fall, she has been leading an initiative to undertake a thorough review of the firm’s global business technology capabilities with the goal to maximize innovation and operational excellence throughout the organization,” said Kernan (Kip) V. Oberting, president and chief executive officer of Sirius Group. “These recent key hires and restructuring within the technology group will pave the way for our global digital transformation initiatives that will further enhance the customer experience.”
The teams new and enhanced roles follow:
- Mohammad Alibhai, head of Infrastructure and Operations. Alibhai is responsible for the adoption and oversight of Managed Services as well as end user enablement and training.
- Carlos Alston, chief enterprise architect. Alston recently joined Sirius Group and is accountable for defining Enterprise standards, governance and practices for technology architecture and will be responsible for designing the user experience and considering emerging technologies such as Robotics.
- David Anderson, head of Research and Innovation. Anderson is responsible for creating a platform and ecosystem to incubate Sirius Group’s innovation capabilities while exploring business sponsored research and development initiatives.
- Miguel Mir, chief data officer, head of Business Intelligency & Analytics. Mir has assumed an expanded role which includes leveraging data as a corporate asset and developing solutions to serve enterprise data processing, mining and analytics.
- Tim Nash, chief information security officer. Nash is now responsible for establishing and maintaining the firm’s enterprise security technology strategy and policies which include the integration with the firm’s two managing general underwriters, ArmadaCorp Capital, LLC and International Medical Group.
- Michael Venezia, head of Technology Transformation. In his enhanced role, Venezia is responsible for leading the strategy and operational effectiveness for the multiyear transformation of the global business technology team.
Source: Sirius International Insurance Group
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.