Rising Edge, a London-based directors and officers (D&O) managing general agent, announced its official launch with the appointment of four key hires.
As previously announced, Rising Edge will focus on D&O insurance and is led by Philippe Gouraud, a well-known industry executive in the London insurance market, and D&O expert Yoel Brightman.
Vantage Risk Ltd., the Bermuda-based Class 4 reinsurer will provide the “A-” rated reinsurance capacity. Accredited Insurance (Europe) Ltd., a Randall & Quilter Group Company, also “A-” rated, will provide Rising Edge with the required insurance licenses to underwrite business.
The company focuses on serving wholesale London market and European brokers.
“The support from both Vantage Risk and Accredited Insurance is a real marker of the robust business we have developed,” Gouraud said in a statement. “Having delivered such an operational platform in such little time is a testament of the quality of our team and business partners. We now look forward to deliver best in class experience to our clients and brokers.”
Rising Edge also announced the appointments of the following four key hires:
- Miles Murphy takes on the role of finance director and chief operating officer. Murphy has more than 25 years’ insurance industry experience and will be responsible for all the financial and operational aspects of the business. Murphy has been working with Rising Edge during the launch phase to design and develop a cutting edge and seamless end-to-end platform, delivering a first-class data-led service to our brokers and capacity providers. Murphy joins from AIG Asia Pacific where his role was head of Operations and Transformation Services. His appointment is effective immediately.
- Owen Dacey has been appointed head of Claims. Most recently, Dacey served as claims manager and regional practice leader, Management Liability, at AXA XL. Dacey is a qualified solicitor and D&O specialist with more than 10 years of experience managing high value complex D&O claims across the globe. Dacey also has extensive experience of handling claims in the U.S., most notably with respect to U.S. securities litigation. His appointment is effective Sept. 1, 2021.
- Eleanor Fisher has been appointed underwriter and joins from Marsh London, where she was a vice president and U.S. wholesale broker working on financial lines, including D&O. Prior to Marsh, she was an underwriter in the Management Liability team at AXA XL, and as client executive and broker in the Management Liability team at Marsh McLennan. Her appointment will be effective over the next few weeks.
- Jamie Banks joins as underwriter from Travelers, where he served as associate underwriter in the Management Liability team. Prior to Travelers, Banks worked as assistant underwriter in the Management Liability team at AXA XL. His appointment is effective June 1, 2021.
Source: Rising Edge
- D&O-Focused MGA, Rising Edge, to Launch in 1st Half
- New Capital Entering Market Unlikely to Quickly Soften Rates: Vantage Risk CEO
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.