The Singapore Reinsurers’ Association (SRA) has re-elected three retiring members of its executive team, which resulted in an unchanged EXCO line-up for the 2021-2022 term.
The full line-up of the SRA EXCO is:
- SRA’s chairman is Marc Haushofer from Validus Reinsurance Ltd., Singapore Branch,
- Deputy chairman is Kenrick Law from Allianz SE Reinsurance Branch Asia Pacific,
- Honorary secretary is Theresa Wee from Singapore Reinsurance Corp. Ltd.,
- Honorary treasurer is Ann Chua from XL Bermuda Ltd.
EXCO Members are:
- James Beedle from Partner Reinsurance Asia Pte. Ltd.
- Victor Kuk from Swiss Re Asia Pte. Ltd.
- Richard Lim from China Reinsurance (Group) Corp., Singapore Branch
- James Park from Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft, Singapore Branch
- Christoph Spichtig from SCOR Reinsurance Asia-Pacific Pte. Ltd.
- Pavlos Spyropoulos from Lloyd’s of London (Asia) Pte. Ltd.
“I am honored to have received the support and vote of confidence from my colleagues on the EXCO to continue to lead the association for another term,” said Haushofer in a statement.
“This past year has been exceptionally taxing for many of us. The SRA too has clearly been tested as well with most activities having to be organized virtually and remotely. A degree of uncertainty will become the new normal especially if this pandemic becomes endemic,” he added. “However, our industry has been dealing with the ambience of meager predictability since its early beginnings. Hence, I am convinced that we will successfully get through this eventually.”
During the SRC’s virtual annual general meeting on May 28, Haushofer discussed plans for the 17th Singapore International Reinsurance Conference (SIRC), which is scheduled for November.
“With the global roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccines, we are cautiously optimistic that by the time the 17th SIRC is staged in November, some of the ‘Safe Management Measures’ and travel restrictions that are currently in place will be eased so that we can welcome some of our loyal international supporters back to our shores,” he said.
“Hence, our secretariat is already drawing up plans for a ‘hybrid event’, combining a virtual segment similar to the SIRC 2020 Re-Mind event that was organized last year, with a scaled-down ‘live event’ that will incorporate all health and safety protocols aligned with the prevailing SMMs mandated by the relevant authorities.”
Established in 1979, the SRA now has a total membership of 54, comprising 29 ordinary, 20 associate, three affiliate and two honorary members.
All major non-life reinsurance companies with a presence in Singapore, as well as some direct insurance companies that write a substantial reinsurance portfolio are ordinary members of the SRA. In addition, several major reinsurance broking firms as well as some regional reinsurers are associate members.
Source: Singapore Reinsurance Association
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.