French insurers have so far received around 5,900 claims worth a total of some €280 million ($305 million) resulting from damage caused during a week of riots following the police shooting of a teenager.
This compares with 10,000 claims for a cost of €205 million during the last major riots in late 2005, Florence Lustman, chair of French insurers’ lobby France Assureurs, said at a financial forum in Paris on Tuesday.
Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said earlier that insurers agreed to extend the delay for store owners to make damage claims resulting from the violence to 30 days from five and that they would consider reducing the deductibles on claims for those independent businesses worst hit.
Photograph: A municipal worker cleans near a burned out bus following protest in Lyon, France. Photo credit: Jeff Pachoud/Getty Images
Related:
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.

Insurify Starts App With ChatGPT to Allow Consumers to Shop for Insurance
Preparing for an AI Native Future
Zurich Insurance Profit Beats Estimates as CEO Eyes Beazley
Jury Finds Johnson & Johnson Liable for Cancer in Latest Talc Trial 

