American Community Mutual Insurance Company, headquartered in Livonia, Mich., is now offering Latitude, a small group product that allows employers to customize a health plan, to employers in Nebraska.
Sold through independent insurance agents, the new PPO plan for employer groups with 2-50 employees is available in Nebraska for a coverage effective date beginning Sept. 1, 2009. With the addition of Nebraska, the product is available in eight states.
“To save on premium, Latitude allows employers to select their desired deductible, benefit percentage, office visit copay and out-of-pocket maximums to create that one-of-a-kind health plan,” said Neal Spero, senior vice president and chief marketing officer. “In addition, employers can select optional benefits to save even more. For example, by adding a hospital co-pay, they can save up to 17 percent on their base medical premium.”
Policyholders have access to more than 7,600 hospitals, physicians and specialists across the state through Midlands Choice preferred provider organization (PPO) network. In addition, Latitude includes the following:
- $5 million medical lifetime maximum
- Accident benefit that waives the deductible
- Family security benefit
- Multiple custom plan options available—employers select their deductible, benefit percentage, office visit copay and out-of-pocket maximum
- National travel network for coast-to-coast coverage
- Prescription drug discount card included; six optional copay plans available
- Preventive care benefits
Optional dental, vision, weekly income, dependent life and life/AD&D coverage
- Options for deductible carry-over, 24-hour occupational coverage, accident benefit removal and hospital copay
- Option for a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
Source: American Community Mutual Insurance Company, www.american-community.com
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.