Fireman’s Fund McGee Marine Underwriters has contracted with Oceanwide.com to license its Genoa software product. According to the company, Fireman’s Fund McGee will be the first U.S. insurer to offer this system to all customers.
This online platform allows all participants in an ocean cargo insurance policy — customer, agent and insurer — to complete a wide range of processing and claims functions in a real-time environment through the Internet. This new functionality affords a reduction in the manual labor and paperwork formerly required for the completion of such tasks. Fireman’s Fund McGee expects to roll out the system to all ocean cargo customers by next spring.
The software employs real-time web-based technology to handle the following key transactions online:
– Allows insureds to issue certificates of insurance through a web-browser
– Allows insureds to electronically report shipments, storage exposures and certificates for automated rating including marine, war, steamer additionals, etc.
– Enables an online First Notice of Loss claims capability while providing customers and producers views of the claims settling process
– Establishes a centralized data warehouse for trend analysis specific to shipping, losses, etc.
– Offers online view of policy terms, conditions and related documentation
– Enables producers to view all their Fireman’s Fund McGee-placed ocean cargo accounts online
Oceanwide.com stated that it has built state-of-the-art security systems into the software equivalent to those designed for banks and brokerages around the world, and that its web-based products are currently standard adjuncts to information systems in the freight forwarding, multi-modal freight transportation and logistics industries.
Oceanwide is a leading provider of vertically oriented business management solutions for the logistics and cargo insurance industries. Oceanwide provides online cargo insurance, customized messaging solutions and online enterprise management software for freight forwarders.
Fireman’s Fund McGee Marine Underwriters is one of the top five ocean cargo underwriters nationally and a subsidiary of Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.