Liberty Mutual Agency Markets, a strategic business unit of Liberty Mutual Group, recently announced two executive appointments.
Dwight W. Bowie, president and chief executive officer, Peerless Insurance, has been named to lead the transition of Ohio Casualty Corporation to Liberty Mutual Agency Markets on a countrywide basis. Bowie will be based in the Boston home office and will report to Gary Gregg, president, Agency Markets. Bowie has been the president of the Keene, New Hampshire-based Agency Markets’ regional company since 2003.
Liberty Mutual Agency Markets also announced that Michael R. Christiansen has been appointed the new president and CEO of Peerless Insurance. Christiansen is rejoining Liberty Mutual Agency Markets, having recently served as regional president-Northeast with Hanover Insurance Group. Christiansen’s has a distinguished history with Peerless Insurance, serving in underwriting, marketing, and management capacities since 1984, before first being named president in January of 2000. He was later promoted to executive vice president of Operations for the former Liberty Regional Agency Markets. He will report to Scott Goodby, executive vice president, Agency Markets and chief operating officer, Regional Companies.
Liberty Mutual Agency Markets, a business unit of Liberty Mutual Group, consists of property and casualty and specialty insurance carriers that distribute their products and services primarily through independent agents and brokers.
Core property and casualty products, including personal and commercial coverages, are available in most states by the following companies:
• America First Insurance (Gulf Region)
• Colorado Casualty (Mountain Region)
• Golden Eagle Insurance (Pacific Region)
• Hawkeye-Security Insurance (North Central Region)
• Indiana Insurance (Midwest Region)
• Liberty Northwest (Pacific Northwest Region)
• Montgomery Insurance (Southeast Region)
• Peerless Insurance (Northeast Region)
• Wausau Insurance Companies.Specialty operations include:
• Liberty Mutual Surety (contract and commercial surety)
• Summit Holding Southeast, Inc. (mono-line workers compensation)
Liberty Mutual Group ranks 95 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest U.S. corporations based on 2006 revenues.
Source: Liberty Mutual Group
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.