Hiscox launched its U.S.-based Hiscox Global Markets, a division that underwrites internationally traded business via the Lloyd’s insurance market, and specialist retail business around the world.
“The United States already delivers over 40 percent of the premium income for the Hiscox Group mainly through our Lloyd’s business. The launch of Hiscox Global Markets in the United States underpins our desire to expand our footprint in the U.S. market,” said Neil Bolton, president, Hiscox Global Markets in the U.S.
The U.S. Global Markets team will begin providing insurance coverage via its teams in Manhattan and San Francisco. The following lines of coverage will be initially available to brokers:
* Media liability is available for publishers, broadcasters, multi-media content providers, producers, and distributors, marketing, advertising and sales agencies.
* Technology E&O is available for software publishers and providers, hardware and software suppliers, service providers, consultants, project managers, business process outsourcers, telecommunication companies, hosting and co-location services, and video game developers.
* Privacy protection is available for retailers (online and offline), distributors; manufacturers, health care providers, and professional services companies.
Hiscox’s U.S. Global Markets team includes:
* Neil Bolton is president of Hiscox Global Markets in the U.S. Since joining Hiscox in 1994 he has underwritten professional indemnity business for both Hiscox and the Lloyd’s Syndicate. He specializes in professional indemnity for the technology media and telecoms industries and is now responsible for the Technology Media & Telecommunications Division for Global Markets. Prior to joining Hiscox, Bolton worked for Sedgwick Group, the Lloyd’s broker, where he completed a graduate training course and specialized in professional indemnity.
* Carl Bach is business development director for Hiscox Global Markets. Bach works with U.S. brokers to help them access Hiscox Global Markets at Lloyd’s of London. He joined Hiscox in May 2007 from ACE where he served as president of the UK and Ireland operations and was latterly the executive vice president, Global Solutions. In this role, he provided products and services to U.S.-based multinational companies. He was also responsible for ACE’s Foreign Casualty Underwriting Division.
Source: Hiscox, www.hiscox.com
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.