Insurance Journal is sponsoring a major study of critical relationships in the independent agent system.
Channel Harvest Research, a partnership of The van Aartrijk Group and Campbell Communications, is fielding the national survey of independent insurance agents, which probes agents’ attitudes toward carrier relationships and the companies they represent.
The survey addresses such key questions as:
• What are the most important characteristics in agency benefits and service from carriers when agents choose those to place business with?
• How do agents rate and rank carriers they have worked with – on 20 different factors?
• How do agents rate specific carriers overall compared to the entire industry?
• What are the reasons agencies most frequently terminate a relationship with a carrier?
• Which carriers do agents say they will not work with and why?
“We are very pleased to have the sponsorship and close support of the Journal,” said Peter van Aartrijk, president of The van Aartrijk Group. “Not only is it one of the finest insurance trade publications in the country – with a bi-weekly circulation of more than 42,000 and readers in every state, it greatly enhances our penetration of the prime response base for our survey. And its news and advertising staffs’ understanding of the marketplace are a bonus for us.”
Van Aartrijk said major insurance carriers are the principal subscribers to the research and will receive “a strategic roadmap” helping them boost their business with independent agents in the coming year.
“This syndicated research, with multiple subscribers sharing the cost, will provide a high-value, cost-effective complement to carriers’ own proprietary surveys,” he said. “We expect to release the findings in a special report, ‘How Independent Insurance Agents View Carrier Relationships,’ in April.”
Information about the survey project, including a prospectus and the actual survey online may be found at www.channelharvest.com.
Independent agents wishing to participate in the survey may do so at
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.