Lighhouse Underwriters, a subsidiary of U.S. Risk Insurance Group Inc. announced it has enhanced its ElderCare coverage with a new ElderCare Plus program.
The ElderCare Plus program provides underwriting for assisted living, independent living and CCRCs (continuing care retirement communities) that provide home health and adult day care.
For ElderCare Plus, Lighthouse is partnering with AIX NOVA, an A.M. Best A- (Excellent) rated carrier. After its initial roll out on a non-admitted basis, the program will target several key states to write on an admitted basis. Program highlights include:
* Broad Professional Liability (PL) coverage extended to staff and volunteers with separate limits for PL and General Liability
* Defense outside of limits
* Sexual and physical abuse up to $1 million
* Coverage for medical directors and administrators
* Violations of resident rights covered
* First dollar is available
* Per location aggregate with $5 million policy aggregate
* Incident sensitive wording
* Punitive damages in approved states
* Competitive rates
Lighthouse has been an underwriter for assisted living since 1995, and developed the first national assisted living programaccording to Saye Gbalazeh, ElderCare program director.
Source: U.S. Risk Insurance Group, www.usrisk.com
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.