Zurich’s Specialty Products Healthcare practice has upgraded its Healthcare Primary policy to respond to a variety of risks that medical facilities face.
“The daily interactions between medical facility personnel, patients and visitors can expose these organizations to a broad range of risks that could leave them vulnerable to financial distress and could possibly put them out of business,” said Marcia Munn, head of Professional Liability for Zurich North America Commercial.
Munn said the Healthcare Primary policy provides:
- Professional liability coverage for liability arising out of patient injuries/suffering caused by medical acts or omissions of the professional staff;
- General liability coverage for liability arising out of daily facility operations, including bodily injury, property damage and more; and
Crisis Management coverage providing expense reimbursement for:
- Disinfection events
- Evacuation events
- Public relations events and legal, security and counseling expenses, if needed, for workplace violence incidents
The policy also offers the following valuable coverage enhancements for:
- All forms of abusive acts, including sexual abuse and molestation, which is built directly into the base form;
- The administration of human clinical trials within facilities;
- Global insurance coverage, regardless of where claims are brought and subject to U.S. Trade Sanctions Laws;
- Defense costs for administrative expenses, such as attorney fees and all other reasonable investigation expenses;
- Insured choice of counsel (available to qualified customers);
- Built-in subpoena sublimit for legal counsel assistance in document production and preparation for sworn testimonies;
- Good Samaritan acts;
- Teaching/proctoring; and
- Mental anguish.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.