Chartis Expands Healthcare Management Liability Offering
Chartis has expanded the healthcare management liability suite of products offered by its Executive Liability Division to address the expanding risks facing board members and executives of healthcare companies.
Coverage enhancements include:
- Coverage for claims alleging discrimination in selection for entry into a human clinical trial;
- Coverage for insurable civil fines and penalties for the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), including insurable civil fines and penalties under the new Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH); and
- An expanded definition of organization to include certain auxiliaries, guilds and foundations formed by the insured.
In addition, insureds have complimentary access to newly expanded CrisisFund coverage, which provides coverage for costs associated with responding to and addressing crises that may be faced by healthcare organizations. Such costs include the fee of hiring a public relations firm to execute a crisis communications plan in connection with events such as an infection crisis, wrong site surgery, executive compensation, patient abuse and patient medical information release, among others.
The expanded CrisisFund offering includes:
- Coverage for costs incurred in responding to potentially detrimental public announcements and media events;
- The option to select any qualified law firm to assist insureds with managing a crisis event; and
- First-dollar coverage, with higher sublimits and no retention.
Source: Chartis Insurance