The Insurance Marketing and Communications Association (IMCA) elected Linda J. Collins as president of the association for a two-year term.
Collins is currently vice president, Corporate Communications at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., where she is responsible for strategic communications, media relations, and internal and external communications activities. She has 30 years of insurance industry-related experience in a broad variety of roles, including reporter, editor, speechwriter and corporate communications management.
She began her insurance career in 1979 at Rough Notes Co. in Indianapolis as an editor of property/casualty books and managing editor of Rough Notes magazine. She later joined the editorial staff of Business Insurance magazine in Chicago, where she primarily monitored and reported on the distribution side of the business as agent/broker editor. She later worked as a speechwriter and editorial services manager for Royal Insurance, until 1996 when she returned to the Chicago area and joined Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Other appointed IMCA officers are:
- Executive Vice President: Robert Martin, The Co-operators
- Executive Vice President: Madeline Johnson, The Cincinnati Insurance Companies
- Vice President: Gary Kimball, Kimball Communications
- Treasurer: Krista Winters, American Modern Insurance Group
- Past President: Richard Look, Vertibrands
- Past President at Large: Reg Pierce, Bailey Brand Consulting
- Past President at Large: Ron Rice, Assn. of Washington Cities
IMCA appointed four new board members: Sandra Collins of The Co-operators, Emily Hathcoat of CNA, John Coombe of Liberty Mutual and Lauren Knapp of Insurance Journal.
Returning board members include Mark Friedlander of Main Street America Group, Randall Clinger of SwissRe, and Thomas Wetzel of Thomas H. Wetzel & Associates, Inc.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.