Chartis has introduced a series of coverage enhancements, developed by its Commercial Casualty division, to address the unique casualty exposures of the hospitality industry. The coverages are part of a suite of primary casualty solutions for real estate classes of business, and are available by endorsement to expand general liability policies for hospitality businesses such as hotels, food service providers, country clubs and golf courses.
The coverage enhancements include the following:
- Hospitality services coverage, which provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage arising out of hospitality services provided to an insured’s customers in the normal conduct of business;
- Innkeepers liability coverage, which amends the care, custody and control exclusion so that it exempts certain personal property belonging to guests; and
- Hotel safe deposit box legal liability coverage, which provides an aggregate sub limit of up to $25,000 for damages in connection with on-premises safe deposit boxes.
In addition, Chartis also offers integrated loss control services to help hospitality insureds prevent and mitigate losses through:
- On-site risk management seminars for hotel management staff;
- Slip and fall assessments, including coefficient of friction measurements for both wet and dry surfaces;
- Food safety training and audits conducted by leading food safety consultants; and
- Material handling assessments for housekeeping and other physically demanding job tasks.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.