Travelers has launched its Excess Educators Legal Liability (ELL) through its IndustryEdge product for educational institutions. Travelers integrated its umbrella coverage for both casualty and ELL offerings under a single tower of capacity for private colleges and private K-12 schools that are written through Travelers’ Commercial Accounts business unit. Travelers can now provide a combined limit up to $25 million over the primary ELL and casualty coverages.
ELL includes two coverages – directors and officers and educators errors and omissions liability; and employment practices liability. Together these coverages provide non-profit educational institutions protection against claims for covered wrongful acts and the expense of litigation, settlement and damage awards that accompany such claims. The expanded protection from these exposures can help these educational institutions attract and retain qualified board members and administrators.
Travelers’ IndustryEdge product for Educational Institutions has provided customers with coverage, industry-specific underwriting, risk control analysis and dedicated claim service tailored to the insurance exposures of colleges and universities, two-year schools, and private elementary and secondary schools across the nation.
In addition to the standard coverages, tailored coverages available through the IndustryEdge product for educational institutions include:
- Incidental medical professional liability coverage for the infirmary and staff nurses;
- Extended liability coverage for owned watercraft;
- International liability coverage including emergency travel assistance for students and faculty traveling abroad;
- Liability coverage for student internships and service learning;
- Educators errors and omissions liability coverage;
- Legal Liability coverage for students personal effects; and
- Inland marine coverage for fine arts, rare and valuable books, musical instruments and museum collections.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.