The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies swore in its newest chairman of the board of directors today. James J. Kennedy began his year as chairman at the end of the annual business meeting of members during NAMIC’s 116th Annual Convention in Indianapolis.
Kennedy is the president and CEO of the Ohio Mutual Insurance Group in Bucyrus, Ohio, and has been with the company for nearly two decades. He served as the property/casualty conference representative on the NAMIC board from 2006-2009. He was recognized as the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2010 and as the Insurance Industry Person of the Year in 2006 by the Professional Insurance Agents Association of Ohio. Kennedy also serves on the boards of the Griffith Foundation for Insurance Education and the Ohio Insurance Institute.
Kennedy is followed on the NAMIC board by:
- Chairman-elect: Jerry G. Zenke, general manager/treasurer, Mound Prairie Mutual Insurance Co., Houston, Minn.
- Vice Chairman : John J. Bishop, chairman, president, CEO , Motorists Insurance Group, Columbus, Ohio.
- Secretary/Treasurer: Christopher P. Taft, president and CEO, Preferred Mutual Insurance Co., New Berlin, N.Y.
Other NAMIC board members are:
- J. Jerry Canada, executive vice president and CEO , United Farm Family Insurance Companies , Indianapolis, Ind.
- Douglas P. Fincannon, president, Alamance Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Co., Graham, N.C.
- Jonathan C. Grether, chief operating officer , Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company of Algona, Iowa Algona, Iowa.
- Tricia Mickley, secretary/treasurer, Mount Carroll Mutual Fire Insurance Co., Mount Carroll, Ill.
- James W. Wilds, senior vice president , Frankenmuth Mutual Insurance Co., Frankenmuth, Mich.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.