Steven Bushnell, a senior director at Novato Calif., based-Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co., has been appointed to the U.S. Green Building Council 2012 board of directors.
USGBC on Thursday announced the newly elected officers and new directors to its 2012 Board of Directors.
At Firemans’ Fund, Bushnell is responsible for development of products and services for emerging industries. In 2006 he developed the first green building insurance coverage in the industry. Bushnell has spoken on the unique risks of green buildings
and sustainable business at several conferences.
“Our board plays an indispensable role within USGBC by making key decisions about how the organization serves our membership, educates the industry, and advances our mission,” Rick
Fedrizzi, president, CEO and founding chair of USGBC said in a statement. “This engaged and dedicated group of industry leaders reflects the diversity of the rapidly growing market that we serve, and is committed to shaping the future of green building.”
USGBC’s board includes elected and appointed directors who serve terms of three years and two years, respectively. The complete 2012 USGBC board roster includes:
- Elizabeth J. Heider, Skanska, chair
- Allan Skodowski, Transwestern, chair-elect
- Mark MacCracken, CALMAC Mfg. Corp., immediate past
- Lisa Shpritz, Bank of America, treasurer
- Punit Jain, Cannon Design, secretary
- S. Richard Fedrizzi, USGBC, president, CEO and founding chair (ex officio)
- Marge Anderson, Energy Center of Wisconsin, environmental nonprofit advocate seat (newly elected)
- Ann Archino Howe, Sustainable Design Studio, site designer
- George Bandy Jr., Interface, large-scale manufacturer seat (newly elected)
- Carlton Brown, Full Spectrum Development, green affordable housing seat
- Stephen G. Bushnell, Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co., insurance seat (newly appointed)
- Majora Carter, Majora Carter Group, sustainable community leader seat
- Fiona Cousins, Arup, designer of buildings seat (newly elected)
- Walter Cuculic, SolarCity, home builder seat
- John Dalzell, City of Boston/Boston Redevelopment Authority, urban/regional planner seat (newly elected)
- Nathan Gauthier, Jones Lang LaSalle, educator (K-12/post-secondary) seat
- Dennis Maloskey, Pennsylvania Governor’s Green Government Council, state and local, government employee seat
- Kirsten Ritchie, Gensler, green building educator seat
- Joseph Sanches, School District of Palm Beach County, educator (K-12) seat (newly appointed)
- Gary Jay Saulson, The PNC Financial Services Group, finance seat (newly appointed)
- Thomas Scarola, Tishman Speyer, developer/real estate services seat
- Allan Skodowski, Transwestern, building management and operations seat (chair-elect)
- Elizabeth Whalen, CalAg LLC, product manufacturer executive seat
USGBC’s board also appointed two individuals to serve as advisors to the 2012 board:
- Howard Frumkin, University of Washington’s School of Public Health, public health advisor
- Don Horn, Office of Federal High-Performance Green Buildings, GSA, federal advisor
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.