A national advisory organization serving the U.S. property/casualty industry has named a new president.
Edmund J. Kelly of Boulder, Col. was recently chosen president of the American Association of Insurance Services (AAIS), an organization that develops policy forms and rating information used by more than 700 P/C companies throughout the U.S.
Kelly’s appointment was announced by Paul Baiocchi, the longtime president of AAIS who will continue as chief executive officer of the organization through a period of transition. Baiocchi has been with AAIS for 36 years, 25 of them as president and CEO. He made the announcement of Kelly’s appointment at the 2012 AAIS Main Event executive conference, recently concluded in La Jolla, Calif.
Kelly has a varied career in P/C insurance, including two years as CEO of Paris Re America Insurance Co., seven years as president and chief operating officer of ICAT Holdings LLC (a catastrophe risk entity), four years as chief financial officer for a specialty division of Royal Sun Alliance, and three years as vice president of finance and operations for a workers’ compensation company.
Prior to his insurance career, Kelly worked 11 years as a senior manager for Ernst & Young; he is a certified public accountant.
As president, Kelly will be a member of the AAIS board of directors, as will Baiocchi, as CEO. Other members of the AAIS board elected or re-elected at the Main Event include:
- Christopher Taft, president and CEO of Preferred Mutual Insurance Co., New Berlin, N.Y. (chairman of the board)
- Herman Bontrager, president and CEO, Goodville Mutual Casualty Co., Goodville, Pa.;
- R. Douglas Haines, president and CEO of Buckeye Insurance Group, Piqua, Ohio;
- Stuart C. Henderson, president and CEO of Western National Insurance Group, Edina, Minn.;
- Judy S. Jackson, a director of NLC Insurance Companies, Norwich, Conn.;
- Jeffrey B. Kusch, president and CEO of Austin Mutual Insurance Co., Maple Grove, Minn.;
- Jack Rader, chief marketing officer, Farmers Alliance Companies, McPherson, Kan.; and
- Richard Zick, president and CEO, Utica First Insurance Co., Utica, N.Y.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.