SullivanCurtisMonroe (SCM) has launched ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Compliance Plus, a new national program exclusively offered by SCM that reimburses property owners for all legal expenses associated with ADA non-compliance, whether legitimate or frivolous. The new program also provides a platform to safeguard the insured from future claims by providing a panel of ADA attorney experts, ADA compliance training partners and legislative lobbyists to its members.
“Serial plaintiffs and shake-down attorneys across the U.S. are a serious threat to property owners, operators and retailers alike,” stated Shawn M. Kraatz, executive vice president of SCM. “Our national data reveals that over the last few years alone, a variety of industry sectors have been hit with over 60,000 accessibility-related claims.”
Benefits of ADA Compliance Plus:
- Corporate-office training on current compliance codes and ordinances – offered by ADA Compliance Professionals, Inc.
- Two hours of free legal consultation with attorney that specializes in ADA compliancy defense – provided by Sedgwick LLP
- A 30 percent discount on all building inspections focused on ADA compliancy/CASp certification inspections – performed by ADA Compliance Professionals, Inc.
- First and third party ADA trigger including choice of council
- First and third party tenant discrimination coverage
- $1 million limit and zero deductible/coinsurance (subject to underwriting)
- Premiums based on gross leasable square footage
- Simplified application process
SullivanCurtisMonroe Insurance Services, LLC (SCM) is a privately-held, full-service insurance agency focused on middle market companies. SCM offers commercial property & casualty, employee benefits and personal lines coverage and focuses on risk management.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.