XXL Group’s North America Marine insurance business has launched a new suite of recreational marine coverages tailored to yacht owners called ShipShape.
With limits up to $50 million, ShipShape provides a variety of recreational marine coverages including:
- Liability coverage that extends to paid crew and includes Jones Act, General Maritime Law, and Death on the High Seas Act
- Defense costs outside liability limit
- Medical payments extended to paid crew members
- Broad navigational limits
- Veterinary service for pets
More than 30 different coverages are available including protection for additional living expenses, personal articles of significant value on the vessel, marine environmental damage, and emergency towing and wreck removal.
Shipshape is provided by the XL Group insurance company, XL Specialty Insurance Co.
XL Group’s new recreational marine insurance team includes Rick Salway, vice president of Recreational Marine; Sue Cacoilo, senior marine underwriter; underwriters Kristen Roensch and Allison Jolls; and marine claims manager Paul Keane.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.