XL Group has added to its inland marine business with customizable coverage for mid-to-large size trucking operations in North America.
Motor truck cargo coverage solutions includes flexible limits on 23 additional coverages, 22 optional endorsements, multiple reporting options and payment plans. Coverage is available on a full policy limit, primary, excess and participation using either admitted or non-admitted paper.
Among the 23 coverages included are:
- Contract penalty
- Employee tools and work clothing
- Expediting expense
- Extra expense
- Fire protection systems
- Freight charges
- Loss adjustment expenses
- Property including: accounts receivable; equipment used to service covered property; computer equipment, media, data, including while on-board and off-board a vehicle; valuable papers and records; tenants, improvements and betterments; office furniture and supplies; moving equipment, including barrels, binders, burlap, cartons, chains, covers, dollies, forklifts, hand trucks, lift trucks, pads, pallets, reusable packing containers, skids, and tarpaulins; expendable supplies that support covered property; other business personal property; and other scheduled property
- Public emergency service charges
- Right and duty to defend
- Reimbursement for returning stolen property
- Shippers control of damaged goods
- Unintentional errors and omissions
- Virus, harmful or similar instructions
Among the 22 optional endorsements are:
- Contingent coverage for freight forwarders and brokers
- Destination market value
- Employee theft
- Single deductible across multiple coverage forms
- Cargo rust or corrosion protection
- Temperature control system breakdown coverage
XL Group’s motor truck cargo coverage is provided by XL Specialty Insurance Co. (admitted) and Indian Harbor Insurance Co. (nonadmitted).
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.