The ACE Group has expanded its International Advantage insurance product to offer enhanced coverages for higher education clients whose employees, students and volunteers travel internationally.
According to The National Center for Education Statistics, there are nearly 5,000 degree-granting institutions in the U.S. which, together, have more than 300,000 students studying abroad each year. That number increases dramatically when you include the more than 30,000 secondary schools with students traveling overseas.i
The new foreign package offering — ACE Educators International Advantage Edge — has been developed to address the coverage needs of the large number of institutions sponsoring international study and travel programs.
“This coverage allows us to offer an insurance product for risks that range from simple trip travel exposures to complex, multinational exposures — all of which may be faced by educators providing coursework that will ultimately help their students become competitive in the global marketplace,” said, Bryan Tedford, senior vice president, ACE Foreign Casualty.
The ACE Educators International Advantage Edge product provides single-point access to several coverage enhancements not typically provided by other foreign package markets including:
- General liability:
- Expanded definition of employee to include board members, trustees and student teachers traveling abroad on behalf of the school or educational institution
- Knowledge of occurrence to include expanded time reporting requirement for losses incurred overseas
- Business personal property:
- Includes the property of the insured as well as property in their custody while traveling internationally
- General liability & contingent auto liability:
- Blanket additional insured endorsement added to automatically extend coverage to additional insureds (from sister school to school consortiums to third parties)
ACE’s international casualty product suite offers insurance products for U.S.-based companies and organizations of all sizes that have operations or employees who travel outside the U.S. Offerings range from simple package policies to complex multinational programs with risk transfer options.
ACE Educators International AdvantageEdge is offered through ACE USA and ACE Commercial Risk Services. ACE Commercial Risk Services is an operation within the ACE Group providing specialty insurance products that offer solutions for small business insurance needs in North America. ACE Commercial Risk Services offers its products through retail agents and brokers, wholesale brokers and wholesale producers, program agents and other alternative distribution models.
i U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics (2012), Digest of Education Statistics (2011).
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.