The CPCU Society has expanded membership opportunities for students actively pursuing the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation.
CPCU offers students a candidate membership at a discounted price. The group has now reduced the required number of CPCU exams completed to be eligible for candidate membership from four to two.
Candidate members have access to some but not all of the CPCU Society’s member benefits, including:
- Opportunities to develop and demonstrate leadership and management skills within the CPCU Society at large, as well as within individual chapters and interest groups
- Professional networking opportunities within the Society and at chapter levels
- Access to webinars, publications, seminars and events
- Mentoring from chapter members
- A 25 percent discount on The Institutes’ study materials
“This is an excellent way to support the professional development needs of CPCU students and to give them an opportunity to experience the benefits that the CPCU Society has to offer,” said David Medvidofsky, and president and chairman of the CPCU Society Leadership Council.
Once students earn the CPCU designation, they gain access to the full benefits of Society membership. The CPCU Society also offers flexible-membership options for retired and disabled CPCUs, Gamma Iota Sigma students and insurance professionals with designations from foreign examining institutes.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.