Debbie Miner, of Henriott Group Inc. in Lafayette, Indiana, is the new chairman of the board of NetVU, the network for users of Vertafore insurance technologies.
Miner started working in the industry in 1972 for Bundy-McNear Insurance as a receptionist and claims clerk. In 1972 she began working for Henriott Group and currently serves as their technical services manager and bond specialist.Miner’s family background is in the insurance industry with her grandfather working for the Farm Bureau and her father’s State Farm agency in their home when she was five.
Miner is involved in the NetVU Midwest Users’ Group and is also a member of the accounting, industry relations and BenefitPoint virtual chapters. She just attended her 26th consecutive NetVU Conference in Nashville.
In other NetVU news, Keith Savino, partner and chief operating officer, WRG in Warwick, New York, has been voted chairman-elect. Savino has served on the Connectivity Research and Development Committee. He has also served on the ACORD board and Executive Committee, is the current national director for the Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey, and a council leader for AUGIE.
In addition, two board members are joining the Executive Committee:
- Barb Dale, property/casualty operations manager, SilverStone Group in Omaha, Neb., who has been in the insurance industry for more than 30 years. Dale has served on various NetVU committees, including WorkSmart R&D and Education. She is also involved with the Independent Insurance Agents of Omaha and Nebraska.
- Steve Aronson, president of Aronson Insurance Agency in Newton, Mass., who has been an agency technology advocate for over 25 years. He has held committee and leadership positions with many users groups including AMSUG/NetVU, AUGIE and the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Ameria’s ACT committee and he has been an instructor for many industry programs.
Three new members are being added to the board of directors:
- Brent Rineck, chief information officer at ABD Insurance and Financial Services in San Mateo, Calif.
- Grant Shepard, a producer with of Holmes Murphy in Dallas.
- Joyce Sigler, vice president, training and automation administrator for the Jones-Wenner Insurance Agency in Ohio.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.