Mark Friedlander of The Main Street America Group has been elected president of the Insurance Marketing & Communications Association (IMCA). The association also announced its 2014-2015 officers and other board members, including four new directors.
Friedlander is the head of corporate communications at The Main Street America Group, a super-regional property/casualty insurance carrier based in Jacksonville, Fla. His communications career also includes roles at Arthur Andersen LLP, Prudential Financial and HSBC North America. Friedlander began his career as a sports reporter and editor covering the National Football League and Big 10 Conference.
Anna Hargis, director of advertising at Shelter Insurance, was elected executive vice president of the IMCA board; Emily Hathcoat, assistant vice president, marketing at CNA, was elected treasurer of the board.
Joining the IMCA board as directors are John Abbott, director of agency communications at Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co.; Angela Kim, director of marketing and business development at Allstate Business Insurance; Lauri Klotz, marketing and communications for Risk Placement Services Inc.; and John Reints, manager of digital communications and CRM Systems at CAMICO Mutual Insurance.
Rob Martin of The Co-operators, IMCA’s immediate past president, will remain on IMCA’s executive committee.
IMCA’s 2014-2015 Board of Directors
- President – Mark Friedlander, The Main Street America Group
- Executive Vice President – Anna Hargis, Shelter Insurance
- Treasurer – Emily Hathcoat, CNA
- Immediate Past President – Rob Martin, The Co-operators
- Past President – At Large – Richard Look, Vertibrands
- Director – Randy Clinger, Swiss Re
- Director – Dave Evans, Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America/Trusted Choice
- Director – Ryan Arndorfer, Manufacturers Bank & Trust Co.
- Director – Valerie Foster, Monitor Liability Managers
- Director – John Abbott, Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co.
- Director – Angela Kim, Allstate Business Insurance
- Director – Lauri Klotz, Risk Placement Services Inc.
- Director – John Reints, CAMICO Mutual Insurance
- Executive Director – Gloria Grove, IMCA
IMCA membership includes international and domestic multiline insurance companies and brokerage firms, regional and specialty companies, general agencies, and industry suppliers. Members include senior level management and professional staff working in the areas of corporate communications, advertising, public relations, marketing communications, marketing and sales promotion, marketing research and technology.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.