Rick Roberts of Ensign-Bickford Industries assumed the presidency of the risk management organization RIMS for the 2015 term on Jan. 1.
Roberts is the director of Risk Management and Employee Benefits for Ensign-Bickford Industries Inc. He has been a member of RIMS for 25 years and on its board of directors for seven years. Previously, Roberts served as the vice president for RIMS and board liaison to its External Affairs Committee. He is a member of RIMS Connecticut Valley Chapter where he served as the chapter’s president from 1997 to 1998.
Ensign-Bickford Industries is a global company with a variety of products and services that include explosives technology, and products for aerospace and defense, biotechnology and real estate.
“No two days as a risk professional are ever the same,” said Roberts. “Current events, new technologies and global initiatives continue to keep risk professionals searching for the latest industry information and best practices.”
In addition to Roberts, the other officers on RIMS 2015 board of directors are:
- Vice President: Julie C. Pemberton, director, Enterprise Risk and Insurance Management, Outerwall Inc.;
- Treasurer: Robert Cartwright Jr., Safety and Health manager, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC;
- Corporate Secretary: Jennifer Santiago, director of Insurance, Novartis Corp.
RIMS has one new board member this year. He is Robert Zhang, China Risk and Compliance Manager, IKEA (China) Investment Co., Ltd.
Returning members of the RIMS board are:
- Gordon Adams, chief risk officer, Tri-Marine International Inc.;
- Gloria Brosius; director, Risk Management and Insurance Programs, Farm Credit Council Services, Inc.;
- Al Gorski, chief risk officer, Orange County Transportation Authority;
- Leslie Lamb, director, Global Risk Management, Cisco Systems Inc.;
- Steve Pottle, director, Risk Management Services, York University;
- Frederick J. Savage, director, Risk Management (San Ramon), Chevron Corp.;
- Lori Seidenberg, senior vice president, Insurance/Risk Management, Hunt Companies;
- Carolyn M. Snow, director, Risk Management, Humana Inc. (Ex-Officio);
- Janet Stein, director, Risk Management & Insurance, University of Calgary.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.