Greenberg Feels Good About AIG Bailout Trial Closing

By | May 7, 2015

Maurice “Hank” Greenberg, the former chief executive officer of American International Group Inc., said he’s happy with closing arguments in a trial his company has led against the U.S. regarding AIG’s 2008 bailout.

“I’m very pleased with the way that went,” Greenberg, 90, said in an interview on Bloomberg Television with Betty Liu. “I can’t say anything more, the judge is making his decision.”

Greenberg’s Starr International Co., AIG’s largest shareholder before the bailout, contends terms of the initial $85 billion rescue loan illegally gave the government a majority stake in the insurer. Starr seeks compensation for about 275,000 AIG investors who claim they were harmed by the dilution of their shares.

Closing arguments for the trial, which lasted eight weeks last year and ended just before Thanksgiving, were on April 22. AIG wasn’t a party in the case.

Related:

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.

Latest Comments

  • May 8, 2015 at 2:18 pm
    Agent says:
    Well, if he loses this case, will he file another suit against the decision? He has been in one suit after another since he left AIG and he has been disappointed on most.
  • May 8, 2015 at 11:18 am
    dgoldberg31@comcast.net says:
    The Government played favorites - One could make the argument that AIG was in serious trouble- the TBTF BANKS received loans at 3% without any equity stake. The Fed bank of NY... read more
  • May 8, 2015 at 10:23 am
    Patrick says:
    The US government (US Taxpayers) saved AIG and the world from economic depression and Hank fails to understand how the US recovery saved his bank roll! Hank caused the US econ... read more

Add a CommentSee All Comments (3)Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

More News
More News Features