Ace Ltd. has named the future claims leadership team it intends to appoint for the company’s North America Insurance division upon completion of its acquisition of Chubb, which is expected in the first quarter of next year.
Jeffrey J. Miller will serve as executive vice president, senior claims officer, North America for Casualty, Workers’ Compensation and Accident & Health. Currently, Miller is senior vice president, worldwide third party claim manager and senior claim legal officer for Chubb.
Douglas Poetzsch will serve as executive vice president, senior claims officer, North America for Property and Professional Liability. Currently, Poetzsch is executive vice president and head of North American claims for Ace.
Miller and Poetzsch will have executive responsibility for all aspects of claims management for the North America Insurance division, which as previously announced will be led by John Lupica, who will serve as vice chairman of the new Chubb Group and co-president of the North America Insurance division, and Dino E. Robusto, who will serve as executive vice president of the new Chubb Group and co-president of the North America Insurance division. Miller and Poetzsch will be responsible for executing the company’s overall claims strategy for the division’s six major business units, including National Accounts, Middle Market, Small Commercial, Personal Insurance, Wholesale/Excess and Surplus Lines, and Agriculture. They will also have responsibility for establishing claims processes and protocols required to serve policyholders and the company’s distribution network of agents and brokers. Miller and Poetzsch will jointly report to Robusto and Frank Lattal, chief claims officer for Ace Group who as previously announced will continue to serve in that role.
Technical Practice Towers Leadership
The North American claims organization will be organized by major product line with what Ace is calling four Technical Practice Towers: Property, Casualty, Professional Liability, and Workers’ Compensation and A&H:
- William C. Turnbull Jr. will serve as senior vice president and lead the Property Technical Practice Tower. In this role, in addition to commercial property claims, Turnbull will also be responsible for the vast majority of high net worth personal lines homeowner property and first party automobile claims. Currently he is senior vice president, worldwide first party claim manager for Chubb.
- Norm Rafsol will serve as executive vice president and lead the Professional Lines Technical Practice Tower. He is currently executive vice president, senior claims officer, Professional Risk or Ace.
- Jeff Block will serve as senior vice president and lead the Workers’ Compensation and A&H Technical Practice Tower. Currently senior vice president is senior claims officer, Workers’ Compensation and A&H Claims for Ace.
- Miller will lead the casualty Technical Practice Tower in addition to his role as senior claims officer. He will also be responsible for the North American house counsel, Chubb’s captive law firm that will be integrated with the combined company.
Regional Claims Management Leadership
- David P. McKeon will serve as senior vice president and lead the regional claims management field organization. Currently, McKeon is senior vice president, Eastern claim territory manager for Chubb.
Claim Service Centers Leadership
- Clyde Douglas will serve as senior vice president and lead the company’s four North American claims service centers in Chesapeake, Va., O’Fallon, Mo., Phoenix and Simsbury, Conn. Douglas is currently senior vice president, chief claims officer, for Ace Private Risk Services.
North American Claims Operations Leadership
- Susan Watts will serve as senior vice president and lead operations for all North American claims. Watts is currently senior vice president, global claim center manager for Chubb. She will oversee claims operational processing and support with matrixed responsibility for field and operations staff in the claim service centers.
Multinational Claims Leadership
- Krista Glenn will serve as senior vice president and lead the multinational claims team. Glenn is currently senior vice president, senior claims officer form multinational claims for Ace.
Bermuda and Brandywine Holdings Claims Leadership
- The claims operations for Bermuda, which will include the integrated operations of Ace Bermuda and Chubb Atlantic, will continue to be run by Jeff Trimarchi, senior vice president, claims and claims counsel for Ace, and report to Lattal and Joseph S. Clabby, who as previously announced will serve as division president, Bermuda and Global Accounts. Brandywine Holdings, which comprises the North American run-off operations of Ace, will continue to be run by Bob Omrod, president, Brandywine Holdings, and report to Lupica and Lattal.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.