RIMS, the risk management society, announced that Julie Pemberton will lead the group as president for the 2016 term.
Pemberton is the director of Enterprise Risk and Insurance Management for Outerwall Inc. She has been a member of RIMS for more than 16 years and on its board of directors for six years. She is a member of RIMS Chicago chapter.
“Every invention. Every startup. Every process, guideline, protocol and standard starts with an idea,” said Pemberton. “Risk professionals’ responsibilities continue to evolve and are growing within their organizations. In addition to mitigating the impact of a risk, practitioners are initiating ideas and developing solutions to not only prevent unwanted risks but to embrace and enable risk taking that optimizes business growth.”
RIMS also announced its 2016 board of directors and officers.
Officers on RIMS 2016 Board of Directors:
- President: Julie C. Pemberton, director, Enterprise Risk and Insurance Management, Outerwall Inc.;
- Vice President: Nowell R. Seaman, director, Global Risk Management, Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc.;
- Treasurer: Jennifer Santiago, director of Insurance, Novartis Corp.;
- Secretary: Steve Pottle, director, Risk Management Services, York University.
New Board Members:
- Emily Cummins, managing director of Tax and Risk Management, National Rifle Association;
- Barry Dillard; director, Claims Management, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts US;
- Laura Langone; senior director, Global Risk Management and Insurance, PayPal Inc. Holdings.
Incumbent Board Members:
- Gordon Adams; Risk Management, Servco Pacific Inc.;
- Gloria Brosius; corporate risk manager, Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings;
- Robert Cartwright Jr., Safety and Health manager, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC;
- Richard J. Roberts Jr., director of Risk Management and Employee Benefits, Ensign-Bickford Industries Inc. (Ex-Officio);
- Janet Stein; director, Risk Management & Insurance, University of Calgary;
- Robert Zhang; China Risk and Compliance manager, IKEA (China) Investment Co. Ltd.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.