XL Catlin’s design professional insurance business has increased the limits of its smartADVANTAGE professional liability insurance policy and improved policy terms for architectural and engineering firms in the U.S. with annual fees of $2 million or less.
The smartADVANTAGE policy enhancements include:
- One, two and now, three-year policy term
- Limits up to $3 million, boosted from $2 million, which includes excess options for specific job, client or multiple projects
- Deductibles of $0 to $35,000 depending on firm size
- Dollar One Defense included—defense costs not subject to deductible
- Full prior acts coverage beginning the third consecutive year of coverage
- One Time Aggregate Deductible—at no additional cost.
- “Specialist” premium credit for firms with 3 or less project types
The smartADVANTAGE policy is provided by XL Catlin insurance company, XL Specialty Insurance Co.
XL Catlin’s Design Professional business provides professional liability insurance for architects, engineers and design consultants. Coverage is available for firms of all sizes and disciplines. XL Catlin’s design professional coverage is accompanied by loss prevention assistance and risk management assistance including continuing education courses and access to XL Catlin’s Contract eGuide to help firms incorporate strong contract language.
The XL Catlin insurance companies offer property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty insurance products globally.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.