To help architectural and engineering firms stave off the financial and reputation consequences of potential cyber incidents, XL Catlin has added cyber insurance as an optional coverage to its professional liability insurance for architects, engineers and other design businesses.
Available under XL Catlin’s Design Professional liability policy form, XL Catlin’s Cyber Suite for Design Professionals coverage, with dedicated policy cyber limits, offers design professional firms:
- Privacy & Network Security Liability insurance protection to address a variety of scenarios, including:
– Loss of or failure to protect personally identifiable information and confidential business information such as proprietary drawings, designs, customer requirements and specifications;
– Violation of any privacy or date breach reporting laws/regulations;
– Wrongful acts of rogue employees;
– Transmission of malware to third-parties.
- Data breach response coverage to address associated costs such as:
– Voluntary notification to breach victims,
– Forensic investigations,
– Extortion incident costs and payments,
– Providing credit and identity protection and restoration services.
- Supplementary paymentscoverage to address costs associated with:
– Crisis event expenses
– Administrative and regulatory expenses
XL Catlin’s new Cyber Suite for Design Professionals also offers access to a 24/7 data breach hotline and other cyber management resources available on XL Catlin’s Design Professional’s Learning Management System.
XL Catlin’s Design Professional business provides professional liability insurance for architects, engineers and design consultants. Coverage is available for firms of all sizes and disciplines. XL Catlin’s design professional coverage is accompanied by a variety of loss prevention assistance and risk management assistance including continuing education courses and access to XL Catlin’s Contract eGuide to help firms incorporate strong contract language.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.