Members of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) elected 2017 officers as follows:
- President: Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner Ted Nickel. Nickel was appointed by Governor Scott Walker as Commissioner of Insurance for the state of Wisconsin on Jan. 3, 2011.
- President-Elect: Tennessee Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak. Mix McPeak was appointed by Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam to lead the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance on Jan. 12, 2011.
- Vice President: Maine Insurance Superintendent Eric A. Cioppa. Cioppa was confirmed as Superintendent of the Maine Bureau of Insurance in September 2011.
- Secretary-Treasurer: Texas Insurance Commissioner David Mattax. Mattax was appointed as Insurance Commissioner by Texas Governor Rick Perry appointed on Jan. 21, 2015.
The newly elected officers will assume their duties on Jan. 1, 2017.
Regional zone leadership was also announced.
- Al Redmer, Jr. – Chair, Maryland
- Katharine L. Wade – Vice Chair, Connecticut
- Roger A. Sevigny – Secretary, New Hampshire
- Jim L. Ridling – Chair, Alabama
- Mike Chaney – Vice Chair, Mississippi
- Raymond G. Farmer – Secretary, South Carolina
- Ken Selzer – Chair, Kansas
- John D. Doak – Vice Chair, Oklahoma
- Stephen W. Robertson – Secretary, Indiana
- Dave Jones – Chair, California
- Laura N. Cali – Vice Chair, Oregon
- Dean L. Cameron – Secretary, Idaho
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.