The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is pleased to announce the election of Floyd M. Yager as the new chairman of its board of directors. Yager is senior vice president, property product management, Allstate Insurance Co. He succeeds Jack Salzwedel, chairman, chief executive officer and president, American Family Mutual Insurance Co., who served as IIHS chairman during 2016 and will continue to serve as a board member.
The new chairman-elect is William L. Windsor Jr., associate vice president, office of consumer safety, Nationwide Insurance. The new vice chairman is Angela Sparks, vice president and actuary, State Farm Insurance Companies.
Other IIHS board members are:
- Brian Braddock, head of public policy research and development, government and industry affairs, Farmers Insurance Group
- Gabriel Carrillo, senior vice president property casualty, COUNTRY Financial
- Charles M. Chamness, president and chief executive officer, National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Dan Clapp, executive vice president, Shelter Insurance Companies
- George Dufala Jr., president, property and casualty division, Kemper Corp.
- Paul W. Franklin, senior vice president, CPI worldwide underwriting manager for personal lines, CHUBB
- John Hardiman, director of public affairs, New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Co.
- Jeffery Hay, vice president of personal lines product management, The Hartford
- Douglas S. Joyce, president, Alfa Alliance Insurance Corp.
- Richard W. Lavey, president, personal lines and chief marketing officer, Hanover Insurance Group
- Richard Lonardo, vice president, MetLife Auto and Home
- Adrian Lund, president, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Robert L. Lyon, president and chief executive officer, Rockingham Group
- James MacPhee, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Greg Meyer, chief operating officer, CSAA Insurance Group
- Theodore C. Murphy, chief operations officer, Amica Mutual Insurance Co.
- Hank Nayden, vice president and legislative counsel, GEICO Corp.
- Steve Oakley, senior vice president, product management and chief actuary, PURE Insurance
- Leigh Ann Pusey, president and chief executive officer, American Insurance Association
- David A. Sampson, president and chief executive officer, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- Douglas E. Smith, executive vice president, sales and products, Erie Insurance Group
- Bob Tart, senior executive, underwriting, North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co.
- Andrew Woods, vice president, personal insurance, research and development, The Travelers Companies
- Scott Ziegler, business leader, Progressive Insurance
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.