Risk manager Gloria Brosius has assumed the leadership of RIMS, the risk management society, as president for the 2019 term, effective January 1.
Brosius is director, Risk Management and Insurance for Pinnacle Agriculture Distribution in Loveland, Colorado. She has been a member of RIMS for 22 years and joined the RIMS board of directors in 2014.
“Expectations have never been higher for risk professionals,” said Brosius. “Business leaders are turning to their risk management teams to deliver enterprise-wide intelligence and dynamic strategies that support organizational goals. My presidency will focus on ensuring that RIMS provides a path for the world’s risk management community to meet and exceed these great expectations.
Other officers on RIMS 2019 board of directors are:
- Vice President: Steve Pottle, director, Risk Management Services, Thompson Rivers University.
- Treasurer: Laura Langone, senior director, Global Risk Management and Insurance, PayPal, Inc. Holdings.
- Secretary: Barry Dillard; director, Risk Strategies, Insurance and Compliance, Walt Disney World Resorts.
New Board Members:
- David E. Arick, assistant Treasurer, Global Risk Management, International Paper Co.
- Gary A. Nesbit, senior director of Risk Management, Young Life.
Incumbent Board Members:
- Ellen R. Dunkin, senior vice president, general counsel and chief risk officer, Amalgamated Life Insurance Co.
- Susan Hiteshew, senior director, Insurance-Americas, Marriott International, Inc.
- Soubhagya Parija; senior vice president and chief risk officer, New York Power Authority.
- Kristen Peed, director of Corporate Risk Management, CBIZ, Inc.
- Jennifer Santiago, director, Risk Management, Novartis Pharmaceutical Corp.
- Patrick Sterling, senior director, Legendary People and Risk, Texas Roadhouse.
- Robert Zhang; China Risk and Compliance manager, IKEA (China) Investment Co.
Ex Officio: Robert Cartwright, Jr., division manager, Northeast Region, Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability, Bridgestone Retail Operations.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.