Safety National Casualty Corp. said as of June 14 it made changes to its executive management structure and moved Duane Hercules from president to CEO.
Mark Wilhelm, formerly chairman and CEO, became executive chairman. Here, Wilhelm will be responsible for the management, development and effective performance of the company’s executive management team, sharing overall responsibility for business operations and financial results with Hercules and providing guidance and oversight in setting the company’s mission, vision, strategic direction and initiatives in addition to responsibility for key stakeholder relationships, Safety National said.
The specialty insurer said Hercules will provide leadership to develop, execute and achieve strategic business objectives and goals. He shares responsibility for company business operations and financial results with Wilhelm and will be responsible for advancing the company’s mission while preserving and enhancing its reputation and culture.
Moving into the role of president is John Csik, formerly the chief operating officer (COO) and chief financial officer (CFO). He will be responsible for directing all insurance and reinsurance operations.
Other new executive roles announced by Safety National include:
- Cyndee Morton, formerly executive vice president (EVP) of operations and chief innovation officer, was named COO and CIO. She will provide executive management oversight to the operations, strategic analysis, budgeting, forecasting and human resources areas in addition to her existing oversight of the Enterprise Risk Management and Data Analytics Department and organizational innovation.
- Gus Aivaliotis, formerly EVP and chief underwriting officer (CUO), will continue as chief underwriting officer and add executive management oversight of the Credit Risk Department to his existing oversight of the Insurance Underwriting Department.
- Tom Grove, formerly EVP and chief business development officer, was named chief client officer. He will add executive management oversight of the Client Engagement Department to his existing oversight of the Business Development, Claims and Risk Services Departments.
- Steve Divine, formerly SVP Finance and chief accounting officer, became CFO.
- Seth Smith, formerly EVP Underwriting, became EVP and CUO – Insurance Underwriting.
- Nick Kriegel, formerly SVP and general counsel, was named SVP of operations and general counsel.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.