Jennifer Mier, executive vice president with AmWINS Group in Dallas, has been elected president of the Texas Surplus Lines Association.
Other officers elected at the group’s 64th Annual Meeting on Nov. 11 in Austin are:
- Vice President Amicia Hine, executive vice president with Worldwide Facilities LLC, MHI-MGA Division, San Antonio
- Secretary/Treasurer Justin Kotrla, vice president with Southwest Risk LP, Dallas
New directors elected to three-year terms are as follows:
- Robert McEwen, The Parks Group Inc., Austin
- Sam Stringer, All Risks Ltd., New Orleans, Louisiana
- Josh Taylor, Scottish American, Dallas
Current TSLA directors include:
- Lynn Bordelon, Worldwide Facilities LLC, MHI-MGA Division, Dallas
- Jeff Fields, Markel, Dallas
- Rose Perez, USG Insurance Services Inc., Houston
- Tiffany Way, All Risks Ltd., Austin
- Jim Bishop, Towerstone Inc., Dallas
- Kimmi Cantwell, McGowan, Donnelly & Oberheu LLC, Austin, Texas
- Joe Dahlvig, Admiral Insurance Group, Austin
- Meagan Kiernan, RT Specialty, Dallas
The TSLA executive committee consists of the current officers and the immediate Past President Matt Leicht, with Craig & Leicht.
During the business meeting, the “Joe Howse President’s Award” was presented to both Leslie Lloyd, Worldwide Facilities, LLC – MHI-MGA Division, chairperson, advertising committee, and Josh Taylor, Scottish American, chairperson, legislative committee, for their outstanding work on their respective committees.
The “Don King Committee Member of the Year” award was presented to Doug Metz, AS&G Claims Administration, host committee, and Ryan Handler, Southwest Risk LP, legislative committee.
The Avrohm Wisenberg scholarship recipients were Bethany Cornille, All Risks Ltd., and Zac Crosley, CRC Group, who both received a CIC scholarship. In addition, both recipients will receive a $100 cash prize, once their course is completed, from TSLA. The scholarships are donated to TSLA each year by The National Alliance.
Litchfield Special Risks Inc. was the voting member firm to win a free 2020 Joe Vincent seminar registration donated to TSLA by the Independent Insurance Agents of Texas.
The TSLA Texans under 40 prepared 90 care packages for the troops. TSLA would like to thank all members for their donations of care package items and money for shipping.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.