The Texas Department of Insurance says its Independent Dispute Resolution portal for medical billing disputes went live on January 1.
Employees and authorized representatives for health care providers and health plans can now set up accounts.
Requests for mediation and arbitration can be filed 20 days after the date the health plan pays the provider.
The department has scheduled the following webinars and demos aimed at helping educate users on the new system:
- January 6: Benchmarking database webinar for health plans
- January 9: Mediation / arbitration portal demo for health plans
- January 9: Mediation / arbitration portal demo for health providers
- January 10: Benchmarking database webinar for providers
- January 21: Portal demo for mediators and arbitrators
- January 22: Information session on Senate Bill 1264
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.