In his first step toward establishing more open lines of communication between the California Department of Insurance (CDI) and all interested parties, Acting Insurance Commissioner Clark Kelso will be holding meetings with consumer group representatives on July 19 and insurance industry representatives on the following day.
Both meetings will be held at the CDI’s Sacramento headquarters from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In other news, Commissioner Kelso appointed Keith Newman as Acting Deputy Commissioner of the Consumer Services and Market Conduct Branches. Kelso feels that Newman, who retired from the Department in 1999 after serving as Deputy Commissioner of the Fraud Division, has the experience to help maintain the Department’s role in protecting consumers and regulating the industry.
Kelso has also been busy appointing the following executive staff:
· Elaine Bush, Assistant Chief Deputy Commissioner
· Norris Clark, Deputy Commissioner, Financial Surveillance
· Scott Edelen, Acting Deputy Commissioner, Communications/Press
· Steven J. Green, Acting Deputy Commissioner, Legal/Chief Counsel
· Steven J. Green, Acting Deputy Commissioner, Enforcement Branch
· Maureen Mason, Deputy Commissioner, Rate Regulation Branch
· Keith Newman, Acting Deputy Commissioner, Consumer Services and Market Conduct Branch
· Dick Ross, Deputy Commissioner, Fraud Division
· Sean Tracy, Acting Assistant Commissioner, Executive Programs
Meanwhile, the positions of Administration Branch and External Affairs/Policy & Research/Legislation Branch are both currently vacant. In the interim, Evelyn Chin and Tim Hart, respectively, will assist in the transition.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.