Recognizing that innkeepers need broad protection and flexible limits. Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co. is now offering the innkeepers’ extension endorsement, which combines 32 options in a single package for small inns. These coverages have been bundled together to make it easier for innkeepers to do business and reduce the potential for gaps in coverage.
The endorsement includes options — similar to personal lines policies — that are tailored specifically to innkeepers who live on or own the property. It includes coverage for:
• Medical payments for personal guests of the innkeeper;
• Personal effects of the innkeeper within the residence and outside the inn;
• Loss of use of the residence premises due to a covered loss; and
• Interim innkeepers or designated individuals who take over the inn while the owner/manager is on vacation.
In addition, the innkeepers’ endorsement goes beyond traditional hospitality coverage to provide solutions for nearly every aspect of an inn’s operations, including options for crisis management to protect its reputation, data compromise to protect the security of its sensitive information and business access to protect its cash flow. Green building coverage and historic property valuation for small inns that have special requirements are also available.
“Small inns and bed and breakfasts have personal interests, as well as those of a hotel,” said John Braschi, product director for hospitality at Fireman’s Fund.
Key features include:
• Liability coverage and other personal lines are available for the innkeeper and interim replacement;
• Commercial auto and liquor liability can be purchased separately; and
• Coverage for spa exposures and other guest amenities can be provided.
Target accounts are inns with more than five and less than 20 rooms, which are the bulk of the bed and breakfast market. For information, visit www.firemansfund.com.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.