An industry association is holding an online political summit to bring brokers and agents up to speed on political activities and new laws, along with lessons on lobbying, on Friday.
IBA West is hosting a “Virtual Journey though the Political Process” at 10 a.m. The free 45-minute Internet presentation takes place on the group’s website.
The program begins with “Why It’s Important To Get Involved In The Political Process” with Clark Payan, IBA West CEO.
Other presentations include:
- State Sen. Juan Vargas, D-San Diego, will address the question, “Are Agents & Brokers Being Left Behind?”
- Joe Hamilton, Emerging Leaders Committee chairman, will present “Your Voice Heard – Community-Based Advocacy.”
- Steve Young, IBA West General Counsel, will review “New Laws Passed Impacting Your Business.”
- John Norwood, IBA West’s lobbyist, will present “Proposed Laws in 2012 That Could Impact Your Business.”
- Assemblyman Jeff Miller, R-Corona, will address “Tips On Meeting With Your Legislator.”
- State Sen. Ted Gaines, R-Rocklin, will answer the question: “Why Get Involved In Politics.”
- Erin Norwood, IBA West’s lobbyist, will present “How To Make A Legislative Appointment & Conduct A Meeting With Your Legislator.”
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.