A disabled man has filed a lawsuit against Fullerton police, saying he was abused by the same officer charged in the beating death of a homeless man.
The Orange County Register reported Tuesday that Mark Edwin Walker says he was thrown to the ground and stomped during an arrest last year and his injuries included a broken hand.
Police audio recordings captured a 20-minute encounter between Mark Edwin Walker and two officers.
One of the officers, Manuel Ramos, can be heard trying to get Walker to stand to be handcuffed and threatening to break his arm.
Acting police chief Dan Hughes says the recording contains no evidence of abuse and calls the allegations “fabricated lies.”
Ramos has been charged in the death of Kelly Thomas, a Fullerton homeless man.
Topics Lawsuits California Legislation
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Florida Governor Signs Bill Dropping Building Permits for Work Valued at $7,500 or Less
Tesla Premiums Soared in 2025 With Loss Ratios Worse Than Industry
Worst Start to Wildfire Season Raises Alarm as El Niño Threatens
Maryland Announces $2.5 Billion Settlement Over Baltimore Bridge Collapse 

